United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Program Manager will be responsible to ensure flawless and smooth execution of the contracted programs according to defined timelines and cost, via leading multi-disciplinary project teams. In this role, Program Manager is the key interface between Sales and Operations organizations and the customer.
- Lead project execution after deal closure. Direct, lead and motivate multi-disciplinary project teams and hold team members accountable to deliver results within an agreed project governance structure to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the life of the program. Shared customer relationship management with Account Managers.
- Coach, mentor and, via frequent discussions with line managers, continuously develop project team members.
- Program Manager uses in depth understanding of multiple functions and strong relationships with these functions during the execution.
- Act as single point of contact for customer with regards to operational questions and ensure each project milestone is delivered in line with the agreed objectives. Act as the customer advocate and champion in the Lonza Pharma & Biotech (LPB) organization.
- Manage project scope, timelines and budget and program profitability together with core project team. Raise and prepare scope changes and communicate them to a customer in close collaboration with Account Manager. In collaboration with Account Management / Commercial Development, create mid-long term program strategies.
- Define, organize and be responsible for all customer communication (using an open communication model), agreeing milestones and conducting “lessons learned” with the customer, as well as executing decommissioning at the end of contractual activities.
- Program Manager ensures the right and effective internal and external governance are in place and are effective. Also ensures very clear alignment of internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to the local Sales & Operations meeting, by best in class forecasting and demand planning for the given programs.
- Most of the time spends in the location, where work is executed but from time to time Program Manager may travel to customers or conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences discipline; Master’s degree is preferred
- Significant experience in a Project or Program Management role
- Project Management Certification (PMI or similar) a plus
- Previous technical competency in the areas of the Pharma Industry e.g. process development, cGMP manufacturing, process registration, analytical science, Quality assurance etc.
- Strategic, operational and technical project management experience.
- Proven business awareness and commercial acumen.
- Record of accomplishment of successfully managed projects.
- Leadership skills. Motivational skills to maintain naturally high moral within the matrix team.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the organization. Has strength of character to have difficult conversations with senior stakeholders including customers, internal team members and senior management; excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Pragmatic, organized and results oriented and with ability to manage multiple priorities.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.