EHS Specialist (Responsible Care Coordin
United States, Rochester (New York)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Assist in leading the safety and health programs to compliance with regulatory and operating standards in Lonza’s vision of Goal Zero. Supports environmental activities at the Rochester facility. Oversees and leads the implementation of programs to ensure a safe working environment. Lead emergency response operations and oversees site security.
- Ensure site safety and security programs are implemented in compliance with Federal, State and local regulatory requirements and Lonza's corporate policies.
- Assist in developing and implementing site safety programs to ensure compliance with all requirements.
- Lead site regulatory training program for new and existing employees and contractors.
- Work with engineering, maintenance and manufacturing in the design and review of new and modified processes, to identify and resolve safety and environmental deficiencies, Organize and lead PSM team reviews of processes,
- Responsible for industrial hygiene program, and will recommend changes based on industrial hygiene sampling to ensure continuous improvement in working conditions.
- Responsible for compliance with site security including CFATS requirements.
- Conduct safety inspections and audits.
- Maintain tracking of EHS training, inspections and incidents.
- Responsible for overseeing plant infrastructure assets, such as fire protection, emergency response equipment and security systems.
- Engage in incident investigations to determine root cause and implement appropriate corrective action.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS w/5 years experience in manufacturing, chemical preferred or AS w/min 10 years experience in manufacturing, chemical preferred
Knowledgeable of safety policies, rules and regulations
- Strong communication/presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills, ability to coach employees
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.