Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Visp is looking for a Manufacturing Manager in Chemical and Microbial Manufacturing. You will manage the operational activities of assigned manufacturing projects with overall responsibility of manufacturing execution with regard to safety, quality and on-time-in full delivery. You will lead an interdisciplinary team of production leaders, supervisors and specialists. You will be accountable for the performance and results of the assigned projects including cost control.
- Leads multi-disciplinary project teams as Functional Lead for all manufacturing aspects of assigned products
- Responsible to prepare and execute risk analysis for the assigned products and the implementation and control of defined measures.
- Is responsible for the documentation of the processes and process Know-How with the corresponding reports according to the asset- or product specific requirements.
- Responsible for cost calculation to plan the production. Overview of costs during production is taken into account for the subsequent performance assessment.
- State of the art regulatory requirements are implemented in corresponding asset and products.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in related products, assets and procedures taking the established operational excellence methods into account.
- Driving continuous improvement in production area for quality, cost, efficiency and safety.
- Responsible for training of the operators for the manufacturing of the assigned products.
- Supports Plant Manager (Produktionsleiter, Anlageteamleiter) and Head Manufacturing Staff in training and planning tasks.
- Represents LONZA Manufacturing unit during customer audits and visits
- Executes innovation and improvement projects comprising general manufacturing aspects for the production plant.
- Ensures a high level of technical and process standardization within the production plant.
- Bachelor / Master Degree in preferred areas of study: Chemistry, Chemical Engineering degree, Biotechnology or related disciplines
- Broad chemical or biotechnology expertise and/or knowledge in chemical/biotechnical engineering.
- Deep GMP knowledge
- Fluent in German and English
- Understanding of business and financial processes
- Open-minded for new ideas and suggestions
- High motivation and dynamic drive
- Very good communication skills and interaction with all kinds of interfaces within the organization
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.