Head of SC&PM Small Molecules Visp
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Visp is looking for a Head of Supply Chain and Program Management in the area of Small molecules. You will be accountable for consistent and flawless programs execution at site level. On that purpose, you will be translating customers demand into executable schedules for which material, asset and resources are available, as well as develop and set practices.
- Flawless coordination of site portfolio execution including planning alignment (from demand to execution), robust sourcing information and customer interactions
- All medium and short term planning processes to ensure fully integrated asset capacity planning, labor planning and material planning
- Providing forecasting scenario integrating demand within operation network capacities over a rolling 2 to 5 year time horizon
- SC&PM Team management including optimal resources allocation, hiring, gap analysis and talent development
- Ensure streamlined execution of site portfolio integrating customer projects needs within assets and resource management plan.
- Propose options to SLT for portfolio management based on priorities, capabilities and profitability.
- Actively support site head in preparation of budget and reports particularly with forecasting scenario.
- Lead the monthly S&OP meeting, provide a monthly reforecast of all site based deliverables, update the financial outlook for the site as agreed at the meeting and submit to business unit.
- Actively drive harmonization and standardization across multiple sites and technologies with regards of both PM and Supply Chain planning. Drive change in this respect.
- Responsible for ensuring completion of monthly Site level PM Reporting / Project Status Reports and provide ad hoc metrics reporting to Management as needed.
- Ensure optimal Project team organization, empowering team members and definition of clear roles and responsibilities.
- Oversee Inventory Management and Materials Flows.
- Actively drive customer centricity and customer focus. Ensures regular customer focused sessions, such as presentations at local townhalls and customer spotlight with customers on site
- Degree in Life science with strong scientific and commercial background and experience in the CDMO business model.
- At least 10 years of work experience in relevant project/ program management and Supply Chain planning functions or other equivalent positions.
- Very strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to motivate and manage not only project teams in a matrix environment but also direct people management in a traditional hierarchical organizational structure.
- Strong sense of operating in a proactive manner driving themselves and their team towards key millstones and project initiatives.
- Strategic mind-set with quality decision making, whilst balancing risk.
- MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word skills are required.
- Languages: English and German
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.