United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employs in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their idea, big and small, genuinely improve the world, and that’s the kind of work we want to be a part of.
Lonza’s Portsmouth, NH site is excited to announce new opportunities that offer individual growth and mobility in an organization that champions innovation and team accomplishment. This is what has made us a global leader in the biotechnology industry as evidence with Moderna’s partnership with Lonza to manufacture a Covid-19 vaccine.
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible to oversee the production of therapeutic proteins (API) under current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) conditions. Supervisors are expected to plan and prepare for production, schedule tasks, and assign duties to operators to meet the production schedule, assess production records and meet release timelines to deliver quality product to our customers. Supervisors are expected to set the example safety and compliance for their teams, and demonstrate expertise and breadth of knowledge in executing process recipes across a variety of production activities. Supervisors are expected to train and coach their team members, review and manage performance, and support career development for employees. They are expected to demonstrate expertise and technical leadership in cGMP compliance and an in-depth understanding of process flow and be able to make decisions based on that experience.
- Set up, operate equipment, and monitor production processes, including clean-in-place (CIP) and steam-in-place (SIP) operations and report production in written and electronic documents in accordance with good documentation procedures (GDPs), troubleshooting issues and review documentation as appropriate.
- Train other personnel on equipment operation, cGMPs, documentation, technical theory, or other tasks. Maintain individual training plan.
- Review documentation (batch records, Standard Operating Procedures, Logbooks) for completeness, clarity, accuracy and submit edits to documents for revision as required.
- Administrative tasks – leading shift exchange, meetings, sending/receiving emails, participating in projects.
- May be asked to assume responsibilities for covering run Manager absences/vacations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent minimum; AS/BS preferred
- Preferred area of study: Science related discipline
- Significant experience in manufacturing; GMP setting preferred, and/or some working knowledge as an Associate Level III in bio-pharm industry.
- Proven logic and decision making abilities, critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- The employee is living the cultural beliefs with the flexibility to adapt to changing business priorities. Is open to and actively seeks out feedback on their performance and translates that feedback into action.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.