Head Strategic Projects Small Molecules Operations
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this impactful role with a global scope, you will join Lonza as a Small Molecules Operations key team member leading the coordination and implementation of global technical operations projects and local initiatives. You will be responsible for development and overall execution of critical improvement projects needed for a robust operations execution and the delivery of the growth strategy.
- Implement the global Small Molecules Strategy across the global Operations platform
- Support development of Site strategic mid- and long term business plans
- Manage interface with Value Chain Management department actively and lead respective initiatives: CAPEX planning, asset strategy, product strategy, etc.
- Develop and implement operations strategic improvement-projects (Short-term improvement of customer projects and financial targets, Multi-year plan to significantly improve profitably and deliver growth, Reduction of cost of manufacturing by factors, Assessment and mitigation of potential risks etc.)
- Coordinate and consolidate global operations platform reporting
- Support Leadership Team Meetings (content, coordination)
- Degree in a Scientific or Engineering discipline
- Extensive experience within Operations in pharmaceutical industry
- Advanced knowledge in Project Management skills with excellent working knowledge of GMP regulations
- Proven leadership in a global network within a multi-cultural environment. Agile and pro-active relationship management in a multi-matrix organization with strong influence skills across all stakeholder groups
- Excellent communication skills: simplifying the complex, making the message /request clear, providing options/proposals, ability to focus on the purpose and outcome
- Proven track record of successfully developing, overseeing and delivering x-functional strategic and improvement initiatives.
- Proven track record in successfully managing complex projects and transformations and change management
- Excellent analytical skills (problem structuring and problem solving), able to handle complex analyses
- Maturity, confidence and high degree of emotional intelligence with demonstrated empathy and ability to influence others
- Outstanding flexibility, adaptability and sense of accountability and urgency
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Other languages are an asset
- Experience in Small Molecules Development / Manufacturing preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.