Head of IT Networking
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As the Head of Networking you will be responsible for the development of the global network strategy, architecture and standards within a GxP environment. With appropriate change, incident, configuration, problem and capacity management you will ensure flawless operations across the global organization and keep business disruption outside of scheduled maintenance windows at an absolute minimum. Furthermore, you will proactively liaise with the key business partners to ensure strategic alignment across all business units and functions and drive stakeholder engagement through participation in steering and governance committees.
- Lead the IT Infrastructure Networking function and develop network strategy, secure architecture and standards according to business demand for standard IT and partly manufacturing/lab/research environments
- Manage systems/services –like Telephony and Messaging, Network security (e.g. firewall service incl. IPS/IDS, Web proxy service), LAN, WAN and Wireless
- Ensure appropriate lifecycle and patch management, as well as a secure configuration of systems in scope
- Liaise with key business stakeholders to ensure strategic alignment with key business initiatives
- Ensure that third parties providing outsourced network services to Lonza are measured and reported upon, that commercials are in order and delivered in high service quality.
- Act as the primary escalation point in case of third party issues in the networking field
- Report network related service status to senior stakeholders inside and outside of IT
- Perform stakeholder management and ensure customer feedback and opportunities is gathered and acted upon
- Extensive hands on experience in network operations and good understanding of automation possibilities, modern network and messaging architectures and software defined network
- Professional network management certifications such as a Cisco or Checkpoint certifications. ITIL certification(s) and/or “Ethical hacking” certifications are desired
- Background in a regulated environment with knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements such as CFR 21 part 11, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) etc.
- Pragmatic leader with sound knowledge of business management, high quality thinking and working and excellent knowledge in various network, network security and messaging technologies and services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate technical network and messaging related technologies to nontechnical audiences
- Good project management skills including scheduling and resource management
- Ability to lead and motivate global, cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals
- Master’s degree in information technology or equivalent work- or education-related experience
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.