United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Control Room Operator is a resource for all Operations issues. The Control Room Operator has to be able to effectively recognize and respond to trends in the process and react based on priority.
- Responsible for operating in a safe manner, adhering to all safety and housekeeping processes.
- Uses a selective inspection sheet to determine if capsules are to be inspected or bypassed.
- Operates finishing and sorting equipment
- Troubleshoot finishing and sorting equipment
- Print inspection sheets and drum tickets
- Samples inspected containers for quality
- Cleans all finishing and sorting equipment to prevent contamination
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring automatic retrieval storage system (ASRS) is operating efficiently.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Mfg. Certification Program a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and maintain accurate records
- Must be able to effectively read, comprehend and follow written job instructions with limited supervision
- Applicants must meet the minimum requirements on the Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue Test
- Must pass all required work keys testing (external candidates only)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.