Microbial Control Project Manager
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for a Microbial Control Project Manager to join our team. As our Microbial Control Project Manager, you will work with cross-functional teams of individuals with a focus on improving the site’s microbial control mechanisms. You and your teams will work closely with the Portsmouth asset heads on the microbial control culture, operations and awareness to improve and sustain the success rate of all site assets. Additionally the team will work closely with the Global Head of Microbial Control in an ongoing effort to harmonize practices across the network.
- Accountable for the compliant, effective and modern contamination control strategy for both up and down stream manufacturing.
- Frequently performs global review and alignment on best practice toward vision zero objective.
- Drives improvement projects based on lessons learned and best practices
- Manages standard Risk Assessment (RA) to identify, improve and control mechanisms across the site assets to ensure uniformity with the ability to articulate technical aspects of completed RA to the Global Network.
- Aids in the ongoing development and delivery of aseptic awareness training for all manufacturing assets in Portsmouth.
- Facilitates risk assessments and root cause analysis of investigations due to contaminations or trends.
- Tracks and identifies low-level trend data as a tool to predict leading and lagging risk factors to potential contamination events in downstream processes.
- Serves as face to the customer when needed for low- level trends and or contamination events.
- Bachelor or Associates Degree. Preferred area of study in Microbiology, Biochemistry or Related Engineering Fields.
- Experience with managing cross functional projects
- Significant knowledge of microbial control mechanisms (equipment, process, facility and personnel controls).
- Strong working experience within cGMP industry.
- Previous experience using GMP Quality Systems (ex. TrackWise).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate across multiple teams and projects.
- Experience with speaking publicly. Able to maintain control of meetings as required.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.