Head of Quality Control department
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As a Head of Quality Control (QC) department you are responsible for Quality Control activities which may include biochemistry, microbiology, environmental monitoring, raw materials, stability, method transfer, instrument and software qualification, data integrity, sample management, and QC document management.
You acts as advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. The Head of QC will provide a safe, controlled work environment in all areas of responsibility while being aware of the site safety objectives and making sure these are communicated and understood by all staff. Provides guidance to supervisors and other frontline leads to achieve goals in accordance with established policies. Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect subordinate organizations. Develops and administers budgets, schedules and performance requirements.
You will be responsible for operational excellence and innovation as well QC financial targets, you will ensure stable planning of QC activities as per site needs. Responsible for people development and growth.
- Responsibilities include hiring, organizing, training and retaining energized, motivated, team oriented staff. Will need to stress and carry forward operator training, education and advancement. Identifies QC responsibilities, work to be performed and timelines pertaining to area of responsibility.
- Understand regulatory requirements and Lonza policies pertaining to the area of responsibility. Ensure Quality Control policies or procedures are appropriate and establish and/or revise, as necessary. Ensure regulatory and customer inspection readiness and represent the department and participate in audits as required.
- Collaborate and prioritize with QC leaders, other departments and/or customers to create an achievable work schedule and to ensure agreed upon timelines are met.
- Represent QC and Lonza in customer meetings to receive/deliver information, request and requirements.
- Measures throughput, performance and other appropriate metrics and report them to management.
- Develop the technical, GMP and leadership skills of QC personnel and perform mid-year and annual reviews of supervised QC personnel.
- Responsible for overall compliance in QC area.
- Drives continues improvement and OPEX initiatives within the QC, keep overall responsibility to achieve budget targets for QC.
- Team development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Substantial experience in Quality Control within GMP environment combined with proven record of leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas publically to inform, educate and influence others positively in achieving business results
- Able to interpret data.
- Perform assigned, complex and/or varied tasks.
- Prioritization and problem solving.
- Comprehend and follow instructions.
- Direct, control and plan tasks/projects.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal format.
- Relate to others in a team setting. Active listener seeking to understand and to be understood. Able to coach and manage experienced and inexperienced staff
- Maintain positive attitude and emotional composure in a team environment.
- Timeliness in completing assigned tasks.
- Makes quality decisions independently and also with guidance from Associate Director/Director.
- Maintain control of meetings with direct reports.
- Mentoring and leading direct reports.
- Being able to delivery difficult messages to staff (i.e. disciplinary actions, poor performance plans).
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.