United Kingdom, Livingston
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Microbiologist to join our team, based onsite in Livingston. In this role you will be leading the Micro team and working with our junior members to develop their careers.
- Conduct and supervise routine micro testing in support of Quality Control and Stability deliverables.
- Co-ordinate team activities with other senior team personnel to meet company priorities
- Conduct Environmental monitoring in accordance with SOPs
- Conduct Microbial Assays according to the Ph. Eur and USP.
- To conduct microbiology testing on finished products and raw materials.
- Co-ordinate other analytical activities with senior personnel to meet company priorities.
- Revision of GMP documentation including test methods, validation protocols etc in accordance with the appropriate SOPs.
- Participate in internal/external audits as required.
- BSc (or equivalent years experience) in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Microbial Assays.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory and GMP processes
- Good time management, organization and planning skills
- Effective communicator
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.