Head of Engineering
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic bio manufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You are responsible for overall management of all activities in the area of plant engineering, maintenance, automation and utilities. Building a team of supervisors, engineers and specialists in the respective areas. Accountable for the performance and results of the assigned area including cost control. You are a member of the Guangzhou Site Leadership Team.
- Set up the team and gives leadership to the team with full responsibility for all aspects of human resource management such as qualification, development, coaching, hiring, pay decisions and discipline issues.
- Responsible for resource and vacation planning of the assigned team members with regard to the fulfillment of all department responsibilities.
- Ensures a good information exchange between the upper management levels and your team and the other way around through regularly team meetings and escalation of production issues.
- Implements the LONZA culture via openness for change and new ideas, cooperative teamwork and continuous improvement even outside your own area of responsibility. Implements a vision as service provider in your organization.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the Maintenance strategy, standards and concepts in the new facilities in alignment with the Lonza Asset Management Program (LAMP). Focus on cost-efficient preventive maintenance. Responsible for implementation of change-over strategy.
- Working as plant engineering lead in Capital investment projects for building and commissioning of the manufacturing units. Main responsible for delivering all input required for utilities.
- Support production and project teams in all questions of plant engineering, maintenance, automation and utilities.
- Secures professional and economic execution of maintenance activities and high availability of the manufacturing units and equipment.
- Responsible for control and compliance of annual maintenance budget, lump sum and CAPEX budget.
- Implementation of improvement ideas (Innovation) for processes, plants and procedures (maintenance excellence)
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor/Manager.
- BS/MS from Technical University or University for applied sciences related degrees.
- Preferred area of study: Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Automation
- Extensive experience in the area engineering / maintenance preferable in the biopharma area.
- PMP certification preferred
- CAPEX Management, Project Controls, GMP, SAP, Automation and Control Systems
- Strong leadership skills; very good communication skills and interaction with all kinds of interfaces within the organization; strong team orientation
- Structured, focused and well-organized working attitude; open-minded for new ideas and suggestions; agile, highly motivated and dynamic drive; solution-oriented
- Fluent in both of Chinese and English.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.