Associate Director Global Customer Experience CHI
United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Associate Director Global Customer experience; this role will be working within our Capsule and Health Ingredients (CHI) Business. This will be based from our site in Bornem, Belgium.
The Associate Director of Customer Experience is responsible for facilitating ownership of customer experience excellence throughout our company. The vision for customer experience excellence is alignment to strategic customer segments’ expectations and goals, for seamless, transparent and frictionless experience that sustains mutual growth. This position reports to head of Marketing and influences the organization and is CHI champion in providing seamless interactions.
The Customer Experience Leader will lead a small multi-cross functional team to facilitate central oversight of customer experience programs and efforts across the CHI organization. The team will focus on synergies, organizational learning, holistic perspectives, closed-loop systems, creativity, improvement, customer-centricity and momentum. Centralized customer experience programs include NPS surveys, customer relationship management and customer success, customer service and business process improvement.
- Ensure that all leaders reporting to the Group President have a clear understanding of the company’s vision and goals for customer experience excellence, and of their organization’s respective contribution. This includes setting the customer experience goals assigned to top management executives as part of their annual performance assessment.
- Develop and deploy the company’s customer experience strategy, including characterization of strategic customer segments and implications for charters and roles throughout the company, and systematic collection and application of customer experience insights for strategic advantage and growth.
- Coordinate the various roles associated with customer experience management throughout the company, minimizing silos of systems, data, assumptions, hand-offs, performance and customer touch-points.
- Develop recognition for formal and informal collaboration that resolves issues, prevents issues, and creates value for internal and external customers.
- Work with each discipline across the company to reframe their charter roles and rituals for customer-centricity, i.e. why customers care and how it can make a difference for customers and/or customer touch-points.
- Develop and deploy systematic actioning on customer experience insights by cross-functional representatives, to prevent recurrence of issues and to create new mutual value associated with key drivers of customer lifetime value.
- Ensure ongoing skill development and capability building within the customer experience management roles and among executives and employees at-large for customer-focused communication, and innovation, and alignment with customer expectations.
What we need you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong background in customer research and analytics techniques, customer strategy, process improvement, human-centered design and performance management.
- More than two customer-management roles previously, such as voice of customer, experience design, customer care, customer intelligence, customer loyalty
- Demonstrated ability to create shared vision, inspire collaboration, and drive change with momentum.
- Proven ability to manage diverse efforts’ synergies.
- Work experience in multiple P&L units or multiple functional areas, such as marketing, quality, service, etc.
- Certified Customer Experience Professional (CCXP) or Lean/Six-Sigma training an advantage.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.