Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Visp is looking for a Biosafety Officer. In this role you will give directions for bio safety requirements. You will interpret and maintain regulations, standards, guidelines and trends in biological safety and anticipate and evaluate their impact on existing procedures, documents, concepts and projects.
- Assuring that all employees are protected from acquiring work-associated infectious diseases and/or harm derived from biological agents
- Assuring that the environment is prevented from microbial contamination
- Assuring the compliance of the site in regard to biosafety standards and regulations
- Communication with national authorities for biosafety related topics
- Communication with other Lonza sites for global biosafety related issues
- Point of escalation for all biosafety relevant topics
- Representing EHS in teams of new projects
- MS or PhD in Microbiology, Biochemistry or related areas
- Relevant experience referable in industrial production, in microbiological and laboratory safety; additionally in a cell culture lab and/or in medical area as a plus
- Knowledge of national biosafety guidelines and regulations; Biosafety Courses recommended from the Swiss biosafety authorities are a plus, but can be attained on the job
- Fluency in German and English is a must
- Intrinsic motivation to promote a proactive culture of safety and compliance and accounting for biosafety
- Take initiative, be organized and be able to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.