Senior Manager, Transactions
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior Manager Transactions works closely with the Transactions Directors to execute and amend a large number of out-licensing and in-licensing deals globally.
- Primarily works on amendments to the existing license portfolio including drafting the proposed amendments, coordinates with legal counsel and directly negotiates the amendments with the customer. Also supports Transactions Directors in negotiating and executing new out-licensing deals that are optimized to drive substantial future Licensing revenue. These include new Research Evaluation Agreements, Single and Multiple Product Licenses, Technology Transfer Agreements, and renegotiations of all these. Works in close collaboration with Business and Commercial Development, Account Management, Legal, IP and Finance colleagues.
- Supports for executing in-licensing deals
- Helps to create innovative business models to deliver future Licensing revenue streams.
- Contributes to strategic initiatives such as IP strategy, market seeding activities and process improvements in areas such as Technology Transfer.
- Ensures protection of Lonza IP: Helps establish policies for what is shared with customers and how, and to raise internal awareness of the value of IP. May participate in regular reviews of IP estate.
- Maintains an active network among innovative customers.
- Participate as needed in customer meetings, partnering conferences and other activities to ensure Licensing goals are achieved.
- University degree in Science related field or Business required; MBA, Masters in Business or training in Law and/or Intellectual Property preferred
- Experience in licensing, including developing out-licensing packages and track record with out Licensing
- Demonstrated negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills. Creative, adaptable, capable of self-motivation and independence.
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of commercial terms that can creating unique and differentiating business models
- Worked in close coordination with Legal (incl. IP), Finance, Marketing
- Understanding of the pharma/biotech innovation ecosystem, including the interrelationships between academia, incubators, VCs, start-ups and established pharma and biotech companies
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.