Director, Digital Commerce - Bioscience Solutions
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience is actively seeking a Director, Digital Commerce who will be responsible for overseeing the Bioscience Digital Strategy and all of the commercial activity through digital channels. Key responsibilities include customer acquisition, development and retention of e-Business digital channel solutions. The role will coordinate with the digital marketing team including performance management, marketing analytics, e-Shop, marketing automation and work closely with the Marketing Communications team and the Bioscience Commercial teams to achieve the digital strategy for sales growth.
- Design and align the strategy for each digital channel in concert with Leadership including Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Scientific Support
- Determine priorities for the Digital go-to-market transformation across the business, identifying opportunities for enhancing business development in target markets, shifting sales processes to digital channels, providing automated customer and technical service, and improving back office integration with internal supply chain and external partners
- Identifying and managing optimal digital go-to-market channels, including external digital partnerships, channels and marketplaces that represent the best sales opportunity and customer experience for each Bioscience product segment
- Direct sales and marketing analytics activities, utilizing tools and data sources that allow identification/maximization of new and expanding revenue opportunities from existing customers and target market segments, and allow for data-driven go-to-market decisions
- Lead a team to enhance and grow the business through design and development of website, eProcurement, digital marketing, and customer self-service capabilities.
- Responsible for helping drive new digital market enablement, go-go-market and strategic alignment, process excellence, implementation, and KPI establishment.
- Provide support with digital channel optimizations, project management team leadership, Digital Product Management, sales support, services, and field operations.
- Articulate the value of e-Business through strategic evaluation and analysis of customer buying patterns in order to facilitate share gains then recommend the best way to fulfill customer needs through optimizing channels
- Execute the strategic plan for direct customer acquisition, development, and retention of e-Business solutions across assigned customer segments and markets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or IT related discipline; MBA in Digital Marketing is preferred
- Substantial Digital Marketing/e-Commerce experience
- Proven work experience as a Digital Marketing and/or e-Commerce Director
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing successful digital Go-to-Market campaigns
- Strong understanding of how all current digital marketing and sales channels function
- Strong strategic planning and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent data analysis and ability to apply these skills to generating business decisions
- Experience developing cross-functional internal relations working relationships including sales, IT, marketing, operations
- Proven ability to see improvement opportunities and address with creative solutions
- Proven track record of manage and report on opportunity metrics and revenue
- Working knowledge of customer procurement systems and practices including B2B, B2C, etc.
- Experience of working collaboratively to create cohesive digital strategy
- Experience managing websites, social media, PPC and SEO
- Experience using CRM and marketing automation platforms
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.