United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Applications Analyst is responsible for managing software-related support requests from the Greenwood site. Working in cooperation with Service Desk, SAP Support Staff, and Lonza colleagues, the Applications Analyst will assist in the restoration of service for software related issues. Responsibilities also include participating and potentially leading root cause investigations and the implementation of appropriate corrective actions for recurring issues. This position also requires applications expertise necessary for installing new applications and extending functionality of the existing software used in the administrative and manufacturing areas. Must participate in various projects and initiatives as required to meet business objectives.
- Familiar with n-tiered software architecture and associated technology components.
- Skilled in root cause analysis and the application of problem solving skills necessary to identify appropriate software corrective and preventative action as required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills required to partner with business leaders when investigating software issues or potential software feature extensions.
- Experience in middleware platforms such as message queue services and Apache Tomcat preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- BA/BS in information systems-related education or equivalent experience.
- Five to seven years experience in a software development/ technical support role.
- Must have experience in database/SQL data management, SQL stored procedures, queries, etc.
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts and experience working in a managed service environment
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.