Senior Manufacturing Electromechanical Technologist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Kingston is actively seeking a Senior Manufacturing Electromechanical Technologist who will be required to participate and support all activities related with the manufacturing of Cocoon® Instruments and Cassettes such as assembly, end-of-line-testing and troubleshooting. This individual will be required to fully understand the mechanical and electrical design, assembly operations and functionality of our products.
You will be required to understand electrical schematics and programming, have experience with circuit design and troubleshooting of electronic circuits, and demonstrate expertise and depth understanding of processes, electromechanical systems, pneumatics and industrial automation.
This is a hands-on position where you are expected to identify opportunities for the assembly lines, fixture design, source production equipment, use electrical and mechanical diagnostic tools to help improve efficiency in our manufacturing processes.
- Identify and address opportunities to improve current manufacturing procedures and processes, including in-process and finished good testing
- Troubleshoots equipment and processes to resolve issues that may arise during manufacturing
- Thorough knowledge and experience with electrical schematics, mechanical drawings and other hardware documents is required
- Develop and maintain Troubleshooting Guides for manufacturing processes utilizing industry standard methodologies
- Responsible for identifying and addressing nonconformance root causes relating to Cocoon Instrument manufacturing process and/or components performance
- Support manufacturing automation initiatives for the Cocoon and Cassettes (Single-Use Product)
- Identify, specify, design, install, implement tools that will facilitate manufacturing in-process mechanical and electrical diagnostics
- Support the development and maintenance of fixtures and jigs for assembly and testing
- Assist the maintenance and calibration program per ISO 13485 guidelines
- Maintain cGMP production documentation including drawings, specifications, acceptance testing, batch records, SOPs, Non-Conformances, ENC, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Technologist or equivalent with college coursework in technical and/or engineering discipline (Electromechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Hardware, Manufacturing, Process)
- Significant manufacturing experience in a cGMP manufacturing facility
- Significant experience in Maintenance and Calibration
- Hands-on experience with scalable manufacturing concepts and methodologies
- Passion for new engineering technologies and innovation
- Experience with manufacturing equipment/automated systems
- Experience in process improvement plans and process mapping
- Familiarity with cGMPs, ISO13485 and FDA regulatory guidelines
- Familiarity or certification in IPC standards for electronics assembly would be an asset, including IPC J-STD-001, IPC-A-610 and IPC-A-620
- Experience working with safety-certified products is beneficial, especially IEC 61010 or 60601
- Computer skills, MS Office, Solid edge/Solid works
- Knowledge in the use of metrology measuring and testing equipment for the purpose of calibrating and adjusting instruments
- Analytical and mathematical skills
- Detail orientation
- Through and clear documentation, communication abilities
- Systematic and organized workflow
- Independent task management and ability to make decisions
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multitask while delivering project and accountability on-time and on budget
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.