Regional Head CoE Operations Technology EMEA. This role is to be in Manchester or Milan.
United Kingdom, Manchester
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Regional Head of our newly formed Centre of Excellence (CoE) for IT and OT in EMEA, located either in Manchester or in Milan.
The Head of the regional CoE Operations Technology is responsible to lead the IT and OT Subject Matters of Shop Floor (MES), Lab (various QC Systems), Plant Maintenance (SAP), Supply Chain (SAP and few legacy Systems) as well as Procurement (SAP) solutions in EMEA. The owner of this position will be accountable to secure on-time, in-budget, in-scope and in-quality delivery of Lonza internal IT / OT projects.
- Lead the regional IT Application Services Build CoE Operations Technology. Responsible for staff related activities such as recruitment, development, replacement, performance qualification and salary review. In charge of the daily performance of the assigned team members. Report status, progress and risks to the global Head of the IT AS CoE Ops.
- Inform the regional and/or site business managers about the IT priorities. Identify their IT needs and align with global programs. Advise regional stakeholders on IT project and change processes. Act as IT escalation instance for regional business managers.
- Accountable for the localization and deployment of global IT solutions in the region. Responsible for internal and external staffing of IT projects and change requests. Perform tactical capacity planning. Act as steering group member in IT projects. Accountable for the knowhow transfer from projects into the support organization.
- Collaborate with IT Vendor Management to source external specialists for projects and change. Work out SoW, define and control SLAs for externally sourced IT build services.
- Coordinate IT activities and staffing with the leads of the other regions as well as with IT project managers.
- Contribute to the build of global IT solutions. Take over project management and/or subject matter expert functions as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need you to have:
- BSc Qualified, ideally within Computer Sciences or Business Administration
- Extensive industry experience within IT / OT and Business Services.
- Previous experience managing a team, will ideally have grown from a functional IT position into a leader.
- Experience with Business Partnering for both External and Internal customers.
- Functional expertise with SAP and/or within a Manufacturing Execution Systems.
- Fluency in English, any other European languages an advantage.
- Certification in SAP, MES, Lab Systems or Project Management an advantage.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.