Functional Expert CQV Visp (SGIE Shared Services)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Visp is looking for a Functional Expert (CQV Visp). In this position you will ensure that project teams in Visp apply world class standards and practices in the area of commissioning, qualification and validation (CQV). In particular you support the development of robust CQV approach(es) and procedures and then deploy, train and support CQV colleagues working in the various SGIE (Strategic Growth Investment & Engineering) project platforms as needed to ensure global consistency/implementation. You support and coordinate CQV activities and the local CQV team in Visp.
- Provide leadership of CQV activities at Visp (together with the local CQV Team), e.g.: acting as subject matter expert (SME), correct CQV project staffing, expertise and coaching to the CQV staff located in Visp and supporting CQV lifecycle activities
- Responsible to help develop, implement and continuously improve a global Commissioning, Qualification and Validation (CQV) approach, standardize CQV procedures and provide oversight on CQV activities of Lonza’s capex project on Visp site
- Responsible for ensuring that SGIE projects in Visp are compliant with the global CQV guidelines, aligned with local procedures
- Identify and maintain on local level specialized companies for CQV activities to support projects on Visp site
- Track the progress of the Visp SGIE projects portfolio, communicate potential issues and take leadership evaluating and presenting corrective actions in an open and timely manner
- Work actively with Quality Assurance assigned to SGIE to support the implementation of new approaches and way-of-working in line with new manufacturing trends and concepts
- Ensure CQV activity compliance with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations
- Technical degree (bachelor level) in engineering or applied science, post graduate qualification preferred.
- Extensive experience in Commissioning, Qualification and Validation with strong experience in management of complex pharmaceutical projects. Familiarity with biologics (mammalian, CGT) as well as chemical manufacturing technologies desirable.
- Significant experience in regulated pharmaceutical industry and/or engineering company with proven experience on planning CQV activities
- Experience in People Management (internal and external) with respect to organizational aspects, coaching and development
- Solid collaboration and influencing skills and the ability to work together with teams and individuals in a highly matrix environment
- Language: Excellent command of English, second language German necessary and other desirable
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.