Utility and Facility Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Tampa, FL is searching for an experienced Utility and Facility Manager to join our growing team. As our Utility and Facility Manager, you will be responsible for continuous, compliant, and efficient operation of utility services, buildings and grounds, and waste management systems at all four of our facilities. You will also oversee the operation, testing, and integrity of systems such as ISO classified rooms, water purification, compressed air, steam boiler, wastewater treatment, and associated equipment are operating within required limits, have all appropriate testing and maintenance performed, and that the documentation of performance is current and accurate.
- Performs and supervises efforts by internal staff and external contractors to troubleshoot, repair, maintain, calibrate, test, and replace equipment and components for systems such as: Utility supplies (water, gas, electrical), HVAC, chillers, air compressors, water purification systems, boilers, air handling units, ISO classified clean rooms, and exhaust equipment.
- Manages access, maintenance, and issues security hardware, locks, keys, and other security devices.
- Evaluates equipment and systems for measures to improve reliability and integrity including the performance of failure analysis as necessary. Maintains an equipment replacement schedule based on life expectancy, operational history, criticality, and age.
- Ensures utility and facility systems are appropriately qualified and/or validated for intended use, works with Quality and Technical Groups to develop and execute protocols.
- Manages custodial services both internal staff and external resources to maintain positive building aesthetics.
- Maintain a positive, professional and confidential relationship with internal customers and interacts as necessary with external clients and regulatory authorities regarding facility equipment and systems.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Science related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Significant experience with maintaining facility equipment in cGMP industry setting.
- Significant experience with troubleshooting, repair, and preventative efforts on mechanical equipment.
- Team management experience. Ability to mentor and provide growth recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.