Capital Project Manager
Capital Project Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Global Intercompany Manager to join our Finance function based at our manufacturing site in Slough, UK.
The successful candidate will manage and deliver Capital projects , CARs and Lump Sums , to Lonza standards from Concept through to beneficial use. Responsible for project cost control, schedules and regular reporting in line with Group and local policies. Interfacing with all stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manages projects to agreed cost, Quality and schedule.
- Responsible for overall project cost generation and management through the project lifecycle as per Group and local Lump sum policy.
- Provides regular updates and reports in line with both Group and local policies
- Responsible for generation and control of Project change requests ( PCRs)
- Generates and maintains project schedule and risk register.
- Manages and supports Contractors and internal project team members to deliver the project goals.
- Actively contributes to ,and supports, EHS for the site and own projects.
- Responsible for escalation of issues
- Provides updates for Quality records as required.
- Assists Change Control lead to effectively manage project and assigned Change control and Quality records.
- Maintains personal Training file for the role to the expected site standard.
- Complies with all data integrity and iComply directives and policies.
- Generates CAR and Lump sum requests, interfacing with Procurement to ensure competitive tendering or single source justification is completed as require by Group policy.
- Interfaces and assists Finance with Technical close outs and capitalization of assets.
- Provides Technical leadership , with input or additional support from internal or external Subject Matter Experts to achieve project goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Engineering (or equivalent) preferred
- Industry accredited qualifications desirable.
- Good length of experience in Project management, preferably in Pharmaceutical environments working to GMP processes.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience. Practical knowledge desirable.
- Project management, Commissioning, working knowledge of CDM, Pharmaceutical Industry Quality requirements
- Good communicator, able to lead and coach, able to work unsupervised and also as part of a team.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.