Manufacturing Technician II
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Manufacturing, the Technician Level is responsible for the dispensing of materials under cGMP conditions to support the manufacture of therapeutic proteins (API). Level II technicians are expected to execute process recipes, follow written procedures (SOPs), monitor equipment and processes, independently perform basic laboratory tasks, including pH, conductivity, and sampling. The role is responsible for executing assigned processes while strictly adhering to established written procedures, cGMP, environmental health and safety guidelines and any other related regulations. The role is also responsible for completing and documenting required training and applicable qualifications required to perform job duties. The incumbent will be actively involved in continuous improvement of the functions and processes within the department and will support wider departmental projects and associated quality initiatives. He/She will be required to work in a sterile environment using special gowning.
- Safely follows established procedures and to formulate cleaning solutions, cleans/sanitizes assigned rooms/equipment, operates equipment, and monitors production processes, maintain gowning supplies and perform supporting manufacturing operations as directed.
- Accurately documents, in a timely manner, activities and training in established records according to good manufacturing practice (GMPs) and good documentation procedures (GDPs)
- Performs material movements, material transfers, and inventory transactions in SAP.
- Performs basic laboratory tasks, such as monitor pH, conductivity, test product samples, etc
- Initiates and participates in continuous improvement activities and maintains facility organization via 6S.
- Attends trainings, shift handoffs, departmental/site meetings, and Kaizen events
- Set up, operate equipment, and monitor dispensing processes, including liquid and powder weighs, booth set up and cleaning, operation of drum massager, vacuum drum lifters and chart recorders and report production in written and electronic documents in accordance with good manufacturing practice (GMPs) and good documentation procedures (GDPs), review documentation as appropriate
- Attain qualification for all assigned tasks and maintain individual training plan
- Demonstrate proficiency at preparing materials for transport and delivery to manufacturing suites. Perform material movements, transfer raw materials, chemicals into, out of, across the production areas.
- Maintain facility and equipment through routine cleaning and sanitization, support 6S programs
- Administrative tasks – attending shift exchange, meetings, sending/receiving emails, participating in projects, perform other duties as assigned.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.