Asset Engineering Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Asset Engineering Manager to join our Engineering function based at our manufacturing site in Slough, UK. The Asset Engineering Manager is an integral member of the Engineering Leadership Team and a regular participant in asset and functional strategy setting.
The role has overall responsibility for the planning, scheduling and execution of maintenance to the assets across the site to meet Safety, GMP and business requirements. including creating and maintaining a comprehensive resource plan and schedule for the maintenance teams. The role will drive continuous improvement activities, strategy development and delivery, as well as supporting organizational development and provide cultural leadership.
Responsible for attracting and retaining skilled talent; training and encouraging a team-centric environment that improves business performance. Must be capable of motivating others, creating a positive work climate where inter-departmental collaboration, coaching and performance feedback are continuous. Capable of clearly assigning objectives, clearly setting and measuring and monitoring progress, marshaling resources and handling competing priorities. Experienced at establishing clear directions, leading others and bringing out their best
- Provide overall leadership to the maintenance stream including planning and scheduling, spare parts management, maintenance execution, training identification and delivery, continuous improvement, regulatory compliance, safe operation and budget setting and control. Accountable for the on-time, on-cost, on-quality delivery of the maintenance programme.
- Participate in the continuing development and implementation of Lonza Biologics UK’s asset management programme aligned to ISO55000, with direct accountability for the Spares, Work Execution & Calibration management systems. Support their teams in identifying, designing and implementing the processes, organization, tools and knowledge required to bring the programme to life.
- Ensure that the plant & equipment owned and maintained by their team is in a continuous state of audit readiness.
- Develop ever-closer relationships with our internal customers, such that team performance is measured and value defined through the eyes of our customers.
- Ensure that the teams safe systems of work are effective, practical and continuously enhanced, and that safety is placed at the heart of what we do.
- Supervise, train and mentor the functional team, creating a high-performance team that emphasizes strengths-based execution, learning through doing, accountability, open communication, people development and continuous improvement. Focus on people development, identification and development of successors and High Potentials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven understanding of ISO 55000 based Asset Management systems, and track record of implementing such.
- Track record of delivering continuous improvement in a LeanSigma environment
- Experience managing the delivery of maintenance through both internal teams and third party partners
- Ability to develop and bring to life asset management strategies within maintenance teams.
- Highly experienced in the area of engineering maintenance in the pharmaceutical manufacturing arena.
- Experienced man manager
- BEng in Engineering preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.