MRP Planner (12 months contract)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Material Resource Planner will perform all duties to ensure the Materials Requirements Plans are completed to enable the timely availability of materials to support the product Supply Plan. Role will be responsible to liaise with all key functions to ensure timely updates to material plans considering changes to plans or material availability issues. Execution of key tasks to support inventory plans and optimization initiatives.
- To lead and provide assistance to internal customers for Raw material planning, Sourcing/Procurement activities in SAP.
- Co-develop and implement short and long term procurement planning programs to assure adequate quantities of suitable materials at the time needed to meet actual requirements at the lowest costs. Requires working closely with the Manufacturing and Program Management departments to specify and source new contract material requirements and review production schedule changes. Also work with the QA and QC departments regarding appropriate material specifications and test parameters; and the Global Sourcing team for global supply contracts.
- Aggressively seek and recommend cost savings possibilities based upon new sources, substitutions, improved systems or new items.
- To manage the maintenance, and accuracy of SAP part numbers, MRP requirements, safety stock and reorder point levels to ensures timely supply of critical materials for customer projects and operation requirements.
- Understand the computerized procurement system and its relationship to other department modules. Ensure that all purchasing data bases have prompt, accurate information. Use generated reports and screens for control and purchasing decisions.
- Analyze data to determine best possible solutions, whether requisition-based or transaction reduction-based and implement necessary corrective actions.
- Able to identify and act on situations or impending event which will require escalation and communicates to appropriate levels.
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance, and accuracy of SAP part number set-up for raw materials.
- Responsible for the creation/management/closure of the GMP documents such as Trackwise Change controls, Supplier Change Notification, Deviations and CAPA’s etc.
- Involvement in Raw Material Specification creation in DMS (for Traceable only) and review process.
- Involvement in Customer Project Team to ensure Supply Chain meets the required production need-by-dates for order placement, delivery, test, and release of raw materials.
- Responsible for Raw Material planning, Purchase Order creation and maintenance.
- Communicate effectively with internal (including Lonza global colleagues) and external customers.
- Provide assistance to internal customers for SAP Sourcing/Procurement.
- Ensure compliance with purchasing policies, procedures and ethics guidelines are maintained.
- Lead and coordinate the weekly Materials Review Board (MRB) meeting to identify and resolve material issues with key functions for the projects assigned.
- Participate in Kaizen/Hoshin/OE event(s) and projects, so as to provide business with process improvements in terms of cost and/or time savings opportunities etc.
- Able to assume responsibility for actions assigned to Sourcing Specialists from Internal Project Team.
- Participates in Customer Project Team meetings and represents Sourcing Team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with minimal supervision and to effectively lead Supply Chain initiatives.
- Able to propose agreements with suppliers in some of the main terms and conditions, seeking the most cost effective strategy.
- Complete necessary projects / duties as assigned by the Department Manager or Head of Supply Chain Management.
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/Manager
- Degree or Diploma in SCM, Procurement or any relevant discipline.
- Planning and Sourcing experience & coming from a fast pace environment.
- Good understanding of overall Procurement process and how it applies to material requirements planning (MRP).
- Relevant SCM experience supporting internal stakeholders and manufacturing operations.
- Purchasing knowledge and exposure in a manufacturing industry.
- SAP knowledge.
- Meticulous and Systematic.
- This role requires the incumbent to be able to visually differentiate and identify colors to perform the job effectively.
- A team player.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.