Principal Scientist (Bioassay)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Would you like to join our global business where we invest in great people?
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Scientist - Bioassay to join our team of experts in Analytical Services. The Lead Scientist will head major or complex work/projects simultaneously; ensuring scientific objective and timelines are met and provides leadership to junior team members through their expert scientific knowledge
This is a brilliant opportunity for a professional with passion for science to lead and direct work/study programs and contribute to scientific projects by generating and interpreting scientific data from experimental work.
- Establishes clear and understandable direction and goals with realistic milestones and deadlines
- Review and critique presentations, protocols, SOP’s and reports to prepare them for final review
- Confidently communicates with external customers to demonstrate Lonza’s scientific credibility and grow relationships
- Generates and documents scientific data
- Leads project/study reviews and improvement projects
- Degree educated with a preference for a subject connected to Biologics
- Demonstrates an ability and desire to learn from experience.
- Seeks to understand the corporate strategy and how his/her business area contributes to the company’s success.
- Understands what internal and/or external customers need from him/her to deliver in his/her respective role.
- Experience of ELISA, Cell based assays, and Biacore
- Hands on demonstrable experience of Development of assays (Actively developing methods)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.