Process Technical Transfer Manager - MSAT
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for a Process Technical Transfer Manager to join our MSAT team.
Working within MSAT, you will be responsible for the day to day line management of MSAT technical transfer support activities of GMP manufacturing operations globally, and will have the role of technically influencing change and support business processes through cross functional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Providing line management, technical coaching, mentoring, setting, agreeing and monitoring performance goals for direct reports and overall team effectiveness including any required disciplinary actions.
- Acting as a Member of the MSAT leadership team and deputizing for the Head of Departments as required.
- Leading recruitment, training and development of all staff and manages performance in line with site and business goals and targets on safety, quality, cost efficiency, OTIF and Innovation.
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to upstream (USP) and downstream (DSP) MSAT project teams in defining technical scope, planning, scheduling and overseeing the MSAT project management of tech transfer activities both pre and post batch execution according to site/customer requirements
- Providing technical knowledge/expertise to support the safety, compliance and Quality Systems activities required during GMP operations to ensure all team and site KPI’s are met and continually monitored and improved
- Working cross functionally with Operations, QA, SCPM and QC to ensure batch schedule adherence is maintained and as required out of hours support to manufacturing is supported appropriately.
- A minimum MSc/BSc/BEng in biological sciences/Biochemical engineering or equivalent field, or equivalent working experience
- Experience in research or manufacturing scale operations in biopharmaceutical development technology transfer of manufacturing environments
- Previous line management and or project management experience essential
- Previous knowledge in mammalian cell Upstream and Downstream process validation essential and aware of current regulatory and industry standards and GMP guidance
- Demonstrated people management skills and leadership essential with credibility to influence business and customer outcomes
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to prioritize and be flexible in managing change, anticipating and resolving technical and business problems with ability to positively impact manufacturing operations relationships and internal partners and external customers /stakeholders
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.