Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Product Manager will develop and implement product marketing strategies and tactics and to execute activities required to achieve sales and profit objectives for assigned market segments. These responsibilities will be for one or more product segments.
- Manage the complete life cycle and value chain of the products within the Testing Solutions portfolio, aligning with key stakeholders across the business to deliver on customer commitments and sales and profit targets.
- Develop the go-to-market and innovation strategy for the portfolio and execute required market intelligence and market development activities and provide marketing leadership for new product development programs.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders in the business such as Sales to develop and implement pricing, positioning and channel strategies for the various global regions and market segments.
- Work with Marketing Leadership to develop, follow and regularly review a comprehensive Marketing Communications plan and positioning script to establish formal, consistent use of messaging, branding and marketing channels for the assigned product groups.
- Increase customer awareness of the assigned products in accordance with the marketing strategy. Prepare global marketing campaigns to drive sales for the product lines.
- Provide leadership, coordination and content for selected trade shows and industry conferences and expert panels.
- Generate marketing and PR content to promote products by working through outside agencies and the appropriate internal departments.
- Generate technical awareness in the appropriate departments to handle routine customer concerns.
- Respond promptly and directly to non-routine technical and business questions.
- Support the Global Sales teams through customer visits and regular communication, including participation in regional and global sales meetings.
- Train field sales representative to sell and support products within assigned market segments
- Assist with the forecasting process to provide a vital link between sales forecasts and production quantities to address demand exceptions, forecast new products and assist with prioritization in the event of supply challenges.
- Monitor performance of assigned product lines to ensure revenue, volume and margin targets are consistently met and escalate concerns and required adjustments.
- Monitor product line performance at the customer level to understand trends and identify new challenges and opportunities to inform the business strategy and go to market activities.
- Provide regular reports as requested by business leadership.
- Understand the assigned portfolio at all levels and keep key stakeholder groups (Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Finance) apprised at all times of new developments and opportunities.
- Work within the safety, FDA, ISO 9001 requirements of the associated production sites and legal entities
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry or equivalent required. Advanced experience in Life Science Research or regulated pharmaceutical markets preferred
- Works on complex product and sales issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and objectives.
- Knowledge of Pyrogen and Endotoxin Testing, Life Science Research and/or Pharmaceutical Quality Control microbiology markets and products derived from relevant industry or academic experience.
- Experience in Marketing, Sales, Technical Support, R&D or equivalent role
- Demonstrated success at building customer relationships and understanding customer needs.
- Relevant technical and market/ customer knowledge of the assigned product areas and/or target applications is preferred.
- Past laboratory work highly desirable.
- Prior experience with forecast and demand planning processes and tools is preferred.
- Previous experience with strategic planning, pricing, and developing marketing campaigns is preferred.
- Demonstrated highly effective internal/external communication skills written and verbal and experience with formal presentations to various levels of seniority within an organization.
- Previous experience with routine customer or client interactions in a sales or sales support function.
- Ability to work independently to set and drive personal and business objectives.
- Demonstrated success managing projects in a relevant business context. Formal project management training highly desired.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.