Manufacturing Associate Level 1
The Manufacturing Associate will be responsible for performing production functions in the Class 100 cleanroom (core) and Finishing area according to company and departmental SOP’s. Individual will set up and operate production equipment. Individual will maintain records to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures. Individual will work in a fast-paced, safety-oriented, team environment.
- Responsible for executing aseptic processing in a clean room environment adhering to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Complete documentation concurrently with completion of manufacturing processes
- Responsible for performing personal and environmental monitoring
- Be able to gown aseptically and work in an aseptic environment
- Perform cleaning of production tanks and associated equipment
- Responsible for formulation of bulk productions and stock solutions
- Process production batches in a LFBSC (Laminar Flow Biological Safety Cabinet)
- Perform integrity testing on all sterilizing filters
- Wrap and assemble filling materials in preparation for autoclaving
- Assist in drum filling operations when required
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks (for example, cleaning, lab setup etc.) related to departmental functions
- Perform preventative maintenance and general upkeep on equipment and facilities including environmental monitoring
- Responsible for reviewing SOPs, MBRs and other associated forms for revision; Revise SOPs, Batch Records or other documentation as needed.
- Review and sign manufacturing batch records
- Responsible for keeping current on all job relevant trainings
- Maintain accurate production bin inventory in responsible area.
- Assist in writing deviations and supporting investigations
- Assist in training entry level staff members
- Being available for business necessitated overtime is required
- High School Diploma or GED is required; Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences, engineering or related field is preferred
- Working manufacturing or technical skills are required
- Questioning attitude to drive problem solving
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively to share learning and provide training to manufacturing
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, high workload environment.
- Must be able to read and follow defined SOPs and policies, work independently and as part of a team on various manufacturing tasks, identify and communicate non-routine events.
- Must be proactive, action oriented, and have the ability to adapt to a change.
- Must have strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Must be able to support other members of the team through mentoring and training.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.