Downstream Supervisor, Swing shift
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for the on the floor tactical oversight of the activities integral to the production of therapeutic proteins (API) under cGMP conditions. Manufacturing supervisors assure that high quality, safe and effective products are produced to meet or exceed customer expectations, with compliance to internal and external requirements and applicable standards and in an environment that fosters a culture of safety, efficiency, continuous improvement and career development.
- Demonstrate expertise and breadth of knowledge on process flow and in executing process recipes across a variety of production activities based on education, training and hands-on production experience.
- Accountable for efficient and effective daily scheduling and assignment of appropriate resources to meet processing and product release schedules
- Assure daily end of shift review of completed batch records and logbooks
- Assure timely entry, investigation and review of quality documents (i.e. deviations, change controls, investigations)
- Complete daily inventory and labor transactions.
- Train, coach and manage production team members to ensuring adherence to cGMPs, written procedures (SOPs), housekeeping, 6S, use of electronic document and inventory systems (DMS/SAP), monitoring equipment and processes, product sampling, and equipment sanitization tasks.
- Owns team and personal performance review, training and career development.
- Intermediate/Advanced years’ experience in manufacturing of biotechnology products; (7+ Years’ experience without AS/BS); GMP setting preferred, previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated experience and capability for shift management in a GMP manufacturing environment.
- Experience in implementation and managing sustainability of 6S and Lean manufacturing programs. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- Unicorn, Akta Ready/XL, column operations, ultrafiltration, buffer preparation experience preferred
- Demonstrated capabilities in Shop floor scheduling and bottleneck resource management.
- QMS software experience (Trackwise, Documentum, etc) desired.
- Experience using an ERP system, handheld scanners to perform inventory adjustments
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.