SAP Business Analyst
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Business Analyst is the primary contact for internal day-to-day activities for a variety of PMO activities and initiatives SAP and other PMO systems. This person is a system expert who will perform activities such as system support, reporting, training, enhancements and change management.
- Invoicing and Reporting activities, including but not limited to Invoicing backup, creation and maintenance of monthly invoice reporting
- Executes quarterly SAP planning activities and revenue recognition functions
- Accountable for ensuring CAPEX amortization schedules are loaded into SAP and executed monthly by Basel Finance
- Supporting ad hoc global reporting requests from various senior management stakeholders
- Accountable for month end financial reconciliation / month end close execution including preparation and submission of the pre-global S&OP report
- MMM (Mammalian Manufacturing) activities support global Program Management Head
- Accountable for Target data integrity and reporting/ analysis (i.e year-over-year comparison, CSTM, batch count, etc.)
- Accountable for CGT (Cell and Gene Therapy) WBS structures involving contract interpretation of work activities
- Overall accountability for extension of WBS structures into DPT (SCPM/ SAP IBP)
- Audit Activities; Support ad hoc requests as they occur, act as Point person for Lonza internal audits
- Support various PMO systems, specifically the Lonza’s SAP ERP system, PPM Management System (Planview), and other related systems.
- Assist in performing user training to all levels of the organization, as required.
- Facilitate KPI and metric development and reporting for senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferred area of study in Business or Information Technology.
- Program/Project Management experience or PMP Certification is a plus
- Experience with various module of SAP required.
- Has worked in a Global and highly-matrixed organization is a plus
- Several years of experience with a Project Portfolio Management system and ability to understand configuration entities, workflows, implement process, etc.
- Strong SQL understanding and skills
- Experience developing and supporting reporting applications (i.e. SQL Server Reporting Services, Microsoft Report Builder, Power BI, Tableau)
- Experience with SaaS solutions and cloud service delivery knowledge preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required, including an understanding of how to interpret customer requests and translate them into solutions.
- Demonstrated experience developing new-feature implementation strategy (development/production system)
- Ability to identify complex problems or solutions, formulate logical and objective conclusions and recognize alternatives and their implications, then implement best path forward.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required, including an understanding of how to interpret customer requests and translate them into actionable process flows or configuration modifications for potential implementation.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.