Purification Scientist - R&D
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an opportunity for an experienced R&D Purification Scientist to maintain Lonza Pharma Biotech & Nutrition as a leading contract manufacturer through the advancement and optimization of purification technologies. This lab based role, delivers technical solutions for the next generation purification processes that meet industry demands
- Plans and executes complex (non-routine) experimental studies.
- Generates study documentation, experimental results and technical reports.
- Collates, analyses and interpret data to produce good quality information.
- Support technology implementation in development, pilot and manufacturing operations.
- Support lab organization and maintenance activities.
- Support team resource planning and project management activities
- Adhere to Safety, Health and Environmental practices; support safety and risk assessments.
- Comply with required GxP, documentation, data integrity and training standards
- A good understanding of methods and principles used for purifying recombinant proteins using mammalian cell lines.
- A sound knowledge of current purification technologies and their applications and limitations.
- A broad competence in purification process development.
- Demonstrated innovative skills and experience executing complex technology projects.
- A good level of communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to react to data and good planning skills to ensure successful execution of complex projects.
- Ability to work in a matrix and project environment.
- Intellect for development of effective practical solutions.
- Inventiveness and problem solving skills to develop new and expand current technical capabilities.
- Enthusiasm and motivation for working and solving very challenging problems.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.