Project Director SGIE (Strategic Growth Investments & Engineering)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Project Lead SGIE is assigned to specific growth investments supporting biologics business area and is responsible for planning, managing and executing pharma and biotech growth investment projects in Slough. This includes the co-ordination of activities with the local engineering team and the Alliance Partner as well as managing multiple stakeholders to bring projects to successful completion. This role is initially at a Project Lead level and has operative leadership of all assigned projects.
- Responsible for the maintenance of quality systems and cGMP compliance for the business by ensuring that all project CAPEX leads and teams comply with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in which the team participates.
- Establish project charter including scope of work, goals and deliverables together with the relevant project champion to support business objectives in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Manage the Alliance Partner engineering contract and the right governance system. Clarify roles and responsibilities within the project organization and developing full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Reporting regularly in writing, including project progress reports. Includes both internal to Lonza stakeholders as well as ensuring external partners if needed are informed/aligned.
- Establishing the project team/ structure necessary to reach the project goals and ensures appropriate coaching/development/performance feedback to all direct reports in order to develop a strong and competent team.
- Master degree or PhD in engineering (process, pharmaceutical, biochemical engineering or equivalent) or long time and in-depth project management or operational experience in multiple international environments.
- Extensive experience in project engineering and project management for chemical, biochemical, pharmaceutical industries.
- Microbial experience critical.
- International experience is strongly desired.
- Experienced in cGMP.
- Good understanding of how the CDMO industry/business works.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.