Asset Business Partner
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Asset Business Partner is an integral member of the Engineering Leadership Team, and a regular participant in asset and functional strategy setting. The BP is the accountable person for the delivery of designated functional services to the Asset and will ensure that defined performance levels are met. Working in collaboration with other BPs they are responsible for the arrangements to provide SME and additional capacity resources to support the asset on an as needed basis. BPs will drive continuous improvement activities, strategy development and delivery, as well as supporting organizational development and providing cultural leadership to the wider engineering team, including encouraging a team-centric environment that improves business performance. Must be capable of motivating others, creating a positive work climate where inter-departmental collaboration, coaching and performance feedback are continuous. Capable of clearly assigning objectives, clearly setting and measuring and monitoring progress, marshaling resources and handling competing priorities. Experienced at establishing clear directions, leading others in a matrix environment, and bringing out their best
- Asset & Functional Strategy Setting
- Provide functional expertise to the Services Heads in order to achieve the delivery plan.
- Be the focal point for the delivery of the required engineering services such as projects, maintenance & reliability, managing safety, quality, compliance and efficient product delivery, batch release, and cost efficiency.
- Regularly communicate with other functional Business Partners to share best practices and allocate needed SME resources.
- Participate in site asset strategy decisions as a part of the leadership team for the assigned operational unit.
- As a member of the team, lead cross-functionally with management, support departments, and customers to achieve site vision and strategy.
- Ensure that the laboratory facilities are in a continuous state of readiness for customer and GMP audits.
- Be the Voice of the Customer, representing the asset within the engineering leadership team emphasizing execution, accountability, open communication, people development and continuous improvement
- Strong Engineering & Maintenance background
- Experience supporting science services or lab functions
- Knowledge of setting up a lab
- Demonstrates effective leadership
- Ability to work inter-departmentally and with customers.
- High level of suite specific operations and technical skills.
- Demonstrates role model OE behaviors i.e. GEMBA, 5 why, RCA, KT etc.
- Demonstrates role model safety behaviors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability for effective Planning, Organizing and Controlling competency
- Demonstrate sound decision making, considering broad scope of factors
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal communication, negotiations, collaboration and management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and direct tasks in a fast-paced environment is critical
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.