Quality Control (QC) Analyst
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza, Edinburgh are market leaders in the manufacture of liquid filled hard shell capsules and supply products for clinical and commercial applications. We require a permanent QC Analyst to drive the continued growth of our site in Livingston.
The new and exciting role will support the continued expansion of our manufacturing facilities and are required to meet growing market demand and enable our customers to help their patients.
We are looking for enthusiastic, hardworking people who are willing to learn new skills and have a positive, pro-active approach.
- Work as part of a team to support Production and Development
- Actively involved in planning and supervising the execution and reporting of analytical activities to prescribed specifications and protocols for QC release
- Technically competent in analytical activities to prescribed specifications and protocols for QC release of raw materials, packaging components and finished products. All activities to be performed under current cGMP, Encap SOP’s and/or pharmacopoeia
- Plan, execute and report calibration of key analytical equipment and measuring devices used in or on production equipment (eg thermocouples, pressure gauges) to agreed specifications
- Supervise and train allocated laboratory personnel to a competent standard when required.
- Prepare summary reports and Certificate of Analyses for approval
- Preparation of Certificate of Analysis for approval
- Science Degree or Equivalent
- An understanding of drug development and manufacturing processes
- Direct experience with pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Demonstrated technical competence of the technical and practical skills involved in analytical activities to prescribed quality standards
- Proven ability to work to key regulatory and compliance requirements
- Skilled in analytical techniques eg HPLC, Dissolution and Gas Chromatography
- Have a broad knowledge with and experience of working within a cGMP/GLP environment.
- Experience of quality control within a pharmaceutical environment
- Experience of Dionex Chromeleon software
- Experience of data reporting and checking data within a QC environment
- Understand and demonstrate a pragmatic approach to problem solving with GMP constraints.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.