Sr. MES Systems Engineer
The Sr. MES Systems Engineer will support ongoing Lonza operations through technical assistance as it relates to computerized systems infrastructure for process automation and QC laboratory systems. Provide a technical resource to operations customers to ensure that systems are designed and operating to meet production needs.
- Proactively recognize potential issues or problems and establish the necessary corrective actions
- Assist with the planning and execution of plant projects involving computerized infrastructure changes and process improvements
- Implementation experience of some number of the following; plant network infrastructure, data historians, process control systems (DCS and PLC/SCADA), laboratory information management systems, manufacturing execution systems (MES)
- Provide infrastructure support (servers, networks, workstations, storage, and client devices) for Automation, Business Analytics, Quality Control, and any other information systems used to support Operations.
- Maintain system integrity and identify performance and security improvements
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide afterhours support to resolve issues outside of normal business hours
- Continuously aware of new methodologies pertinent to information systems and is able to introduce them with limited supervisory input
- Contributes to design of new applications and solutions
- Authoring of commissioning protocols (installation, operation, etc.)
- Own change requests and participate in all aspects of the change control system
- Learn, understand and comply with 21 CFR Part 11 regulations
- Assist the Quality department with deviation investigations
- Participate in RCAs as Operations Information Systems (OIS) representative
- Review/revise OIS and Manufacturing related , SOP’s, Functional Specifications, and work instructions, as a result of CAPA, equipment/process changes, error prevention activities, etc.
- Remain up to date on all assigned training activities
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferred area of study in Engineering or Information Technology
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with focus on Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to think critically and logically.
- Ability to build teams and operate across functional boundaries, both internal and external
- Ability to translate strategic opportunities and emerging technology solutions into tangible pragmatic executable plans
- Resource and performance management skills
- Experience with designing information interfaces, data conversion, and network and infrastructure fundamentals
- Experience with operating systems; Unix, NT and Linux
- Experience with databases; Oracle and SQL Server 2000
- Experience with deployment applications; Symantec Ghost
- Experience with programming languages; VB Script, VB6, .Net, SQL
- Experience with Cisco and 3Com network switches and network monitoring utilities
- Experience with Citrix Metaframe
- Proficiency with OSI PI is preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.