Accounts Payable Analyst (9-months contract)
Accounts Payable Analyst
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Accounts Payable Senior Analyst is responsible for providing effective, efficient financial and administrative operations. To be responsible for ensuring all accounts payable transactions are recorded correctly, including Travel and Expense activities, invoice posting, reports like reconciliations, forecasts, KPIs, etc., and payment proposals in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that all the related tasks associated with AP Process that may include but are not limited to register direct and indirect charges (FI/MM), prepare payment proposal, perform intercompany processes, control GR/IR open items and prepare reports have been processed with quality in a timely accurate process. Comply with all internal control procedures to ensure accurate financial records. Taking the lead to provide guidance to the accounts payable (AP) team. Understand the possible exceptions depending on the specific process and assure that they are documented and communicated to all the team members.
- Review and analyze the AP day to day process, identifying improvement initiatives to obtain/apply best practices. Ensure the possible payment process issues are being solved in a timely manner. Investigates and initiate queries with the vendors in a timely manner if needed. Track, review and solve escalations on a daily basis that may require to create reports, make root cause analysis and plans to mitigate them.
- Ensure the travel expense reports meet the Lonza’s travel policy. Ensure that other task related to the T&E process are performed with quality and in a timely manner.
- Effective working relationships with both internal departments and vendors and understand the urgency and impact to both vendors and the corporation.
- Interact with auditors, accountants and management as needed to provide information about the department and specific AP request.
- 3-4 years of experience in Accounts Payable cycle.
- Technical/Bachelor education or equivalent in accounting, Business or related field.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Intermediate knowledge in Excel.
- SAP/Oracle experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and quality on data entry.
- Good Customer service & communication oriented.
- Tactful, confident telephone manner Ability to self-manage daily workload and maintain focus of individual and team goals.
- Customer Service phone etiquette with the ability to diffuse difficult situations.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
- Take personal accountability for decisions and actions.
- Seek out and respect diverse perspectives to build mutual trust.
- Engage others to embrace change and ambiguity.
- Challenge status quo to improve processes.
- Listen to gain insight and to anticipate customer’s changing requirements.
- Use agreed-upon KPIs to track progress and to recognize achievements.
Every day, Lonza´s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve Is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.