Head of Cell Therapy Manufacturing
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Head of Cell Therapy is responsible to direct the production of Cell Therapy and Viral Cell Therapy products under Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) conditions overseeing a site within a site area; managing safety, quality, compliance and efficient, product delivery and financial execution.
Serving as an integral member of the Site Leadership Team (SLT), the incumbent will be responsible for leading the execution of the management team, business partner and functional management teams. Incumbent will be responsible for partnering with customers in delivering a safe and compliant operation both internally and externally. Drive continuous improvement activities, strategy development and delivery, as well as supporting organizational development and cultural leadership.
- Lead a dedicated management team with full accountability for asset profitability and success.
- Clear accountability for performance improvements and delivery.
- Direct responsibility for the operations team and lead via a matrix organization for functions providing support to execution including Engineering, Facilities, Environmental health safety (EHS), Project Management (PM), Quality Assurance (QA), Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT), Quality Control (QC), and PPL.
- Drive continuous improvement activities, strategy development and delivery, as well as supporting organizational development and cultural leadership.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance to develop, modify, implement and operate quality systems aligned with Lonza standards.
- Responsible for attracting and retaining skilled talent; training and encouraging a team-centric environment that improves business performance
- Experienced at establishing clear directions, leading others and bringing out their best.
- High School Diploma. Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences or Biomedical/Chemical Engineering/ Masters of Science or Engineering or PhD highly preferred.
- Extensive biotech industry experience in process development, process scale up/manufacturing and process validation is preferred.
- Experience with 6S and Lean Manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma Green belt or black belt preferred.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Ability to work inter-departmentally and with customers.
- Demonstrate ability for effective Planning, Organizing and Controlling competency
- Able to manage multiple cross-functional teams simultaneously.
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal communication, negotiations, collaboration and management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and direct tasks in a fast-paced environment is critical.
- Establishes and consistently delivers on KPIs and challenging goals for him/herself (and team) Proactively shares credit for successes
- The capacity to inspire and motivate a large team in the achievement of specific objectives
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.