Systems Engineer III
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Systems Engineer will support ongoing Lonza operations through technical assistance as it relates to computerized systems infrastructure for process automation and QC laboratory systems. Provide a technical resource to operations customers to ensure that systems are designed and operating to meet production needs.
- Provide support and training for automation system users
- Proactively recognize potential issues or problems and establish the necessary corrective actions
- Provide afterhours support as needed to resolve issues outside of normal business hours
- Continuously aware of new methodologies pertinent to automation information systems and is able to introduce them with limited supervisory input
- Investigates and troubleshoots technical problems of increasing complexity
- Utilizes colleagues and system documentation to solve complex problems
- Contributes to design of new applications/ solutions
- Understand and comply with 21 CFR Part 11 regulations
- Maintains system integrity, and seeks performance and security improvement.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; BS in Computer Science, IT or Engineering Discipline
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with focus on Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficiency with OSI PI is preferred.
- Experience developing technical documentation for networks and information systems
- Experience with designing information interfaces, data conversion, and network and infrastructure fundamentals
- Experience with operating systems; Unix, Windows and Linux
- Experience with databases; Oracle and SQL Server 2005/ 2008
- Experience with deployment applications; Symantec Ghost, Acronis
- Experience with programming languages; VB Script, .Net, and SQL is preferred
- Experience with Cisco and 3Com network switching and network monitoring utilities
- Experience with Citrix Metaframe or Microsoft Terminal Services
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.