Head of Site Finance
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Head of Site Finance is a senior member of the site leadership team on the largest and fastest growing site in the Cell & Gene Technologies Business unit. The candidate should be a strong business partner, with demonstrated ability to be an effective change manager able to implement processes and controls in this rapidly changing environment
- Impactful business partner to the site head and leadership team
- Effective change manager with the ability to implement and manage robust processes and controls
- Manage financial performance of the site, including KPI development, and annual budget setting
- Responsible for coordinating and executing monthly closing and reporting activities across the site in accordance with IFRS
- Understand key drivers of the business, delivering productivity improvements and initiatives to improve results
- Provide costing and pricing information to support contracting process
- Design and implement an effective control framework
- Ensure site remains compliant with internal and external policies
- Involved in any area to provide key financial support in order to steer decisions at a site level (e.g. develop business cases to support major capital investment projects)
- Develop and coach site finance team
- MBA Degree or equivalent
- Experience with SAP, HFM, SAC preferable, but not required
- Demonstrated change manager
- Facilitate changes through effective management and be flexible to learn
- Know the business and think ahead in the interests of Lonza
- Communicate effectively, strong ability to influence key stakeholders and work successfully in a team
- Taking into account internal and external customer requirements to achieve objectives
- Focus and deliver
- Be reliable and take the lead, develop team and peers
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.