Lead Scientist R&D Analytical Method Development
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We currently have openings for experienced Method Development Scientists to join our Method Development team. These high level senior technical roles will be responsibile for technically leading teams develop analytical methods in various high profile projects in Slough.
Scientists in these roles will be accountable for the scientific integrity and delivery of analytical workpackages for a diverse porfolio of biopharmacetical products. They will define how the stages they own are executed, what support and resource is needed to execute lab work, have final approval on technical decision making and be ultimately responsible for ensuring the work delivered meets project requirements.
- Scientific leadership and direction for analytical development studies to support early and late phase biopharmaceutical programs.
- Provide subject matter expert support and represent the analytical department in multi disciplinary project teams
- Lead the implementation of new analytical technologies and support process improvement projects within the department.
- Presenting data to Lonza clients and internal stakeholders, summarising what the data means for client programs and make recommendations for future work as required
- Approval of study data, test methods, protocols and reports, ensuring studies meet the needs of the project and are delivered to the required scientific and quality standards.
- BSc or higher in biochemistry, analytical chemistry, pharmaceutical science, bio-manufacturing or related field.
- Detailed knowledge in the development and validation of HPLC/UHPLC and electrophoresis based methods to monitor quality attributes relevant to biopharmaceutical products.
- Practical industry and/or academic experience of working in an analytical laboratory, preferably in a regulated environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of ICH guidelines for biopharmaceutical products.
- Familiarity with the use of statistical tools such as DoE to support method optimisation and evaluation of method robustness would be an advantage
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference