Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing based in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market.
As Analytical Scientist, you will provide analytical testing to support process development teams as well as conduct cGMP activities in the areas of analytical method development, validation and stability testing.
- Responsible for test methods include, but are not limited to, GP HPLC, PrA HPLC, CEX, Glycan analysis and capillary electrophoresis, ELISAs, qPCR methods etc.
- Contribute to customer projects by generating and interpreting scientific data from experimental work. Deliver high quality communication to ensure an outstanding customer experience (written reports, presentations, teleconferences and face to face meetings).
- General laboratory support including housekeeping, equipment calibration and maintenance, inventory of supplies, etc.
- Facilitate communication between other departments locally (eg QC/QA) and across the global Lonza network.
- Documentation of results in accordance with Lonza policies and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Technical review of data generated by others highlighting any unusual or atypical results and leading appropriate investigations (eg OOS). Be owner of quality records (Deviations, CAPAs, change controls, tasks, effectiveness checks).
- Lead improvements in scientific practice and identify error traps within the laboratory and within processes to improve standards.
- Master or above with the major related to Biological Engineering, Biochemical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Practical work experience in relevant industry
- Understanding of theory and application of protein production, purification and analysis
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent teamworking skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.