Scientist - Process Analytics (All Levels)
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Would you like to join our global business where we invest in great people?
We are currently recruiting for Scientists of all experience levels to join our team of experts in Process Analytics. The Process Analytics Scientist will support Process Development by performing a range of analytical tests such as HPLC, GXII, Octet and Biacore assays, and HPLC Evaluation and Validation stages. This is a lab based position that requires equipment maintenance and ownership, data analysis and troubleshooting. Customer interaction is expected in this position.
This is a fantastic opportunity for professionals with passion for science to work on world class work/study programs and contribute to scientific projects by generating and interpreting scientific data from experimental work.
These positions will require knowledge and understanding at varying levels, of Biacore, Octet, HPLC and GMP.
These roles could be Perm or FTC (Fixed Term Contract) roles.
- Perform a range of assays, e.g. HPLC, GXII, Octet and Biacore assays
- Be involved in HPLC Evaluation and Validation studies, including Study Directing, performing assays and writing protocols and reports
- Develop product specific assays
- Become established as a Subject Matter Expert in a specific area
- Analyse data and interpret results including troubleshootiPerform general department functions e.g. stock checks, ordering, buffer preparation
- Maintain and take ownership of systems (documentation, calibration, troubleshooting)
- Work on internal and external multidisciplinary projects
- PhD or BSc in relevant scientific / technical discipline - Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biological science , Biotechnology
- Previous laboratory and technical experience gained during degree or gained during previous work experience.
- Technical competence in appropriate scientific discipline or technology
- HPLC Validation experience
- Proficiency with standard and specialist software
- Good attention to detail
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.