Strategic Project Manager (12 month FTC)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Slough are looking for an experienced Strategic Project Manager to join our Project Management team on a 12 month fixed term basis.
In this new role, you will be asked To lead, execute and deliver strategic site projects, accountable for successful delivery, timeline, scope of work, cost / profitability. Be responsible for planning and implementing the project scope in a timely manner, ensuring the cost and benefits are met. Responsible for reporting, monitoring and visualisation of progress to ensure a successful implementation of site strategic project.
The projects will be standalone or sub projects of larger programmes of work
- Direct and motivate multi-disciplinary project teams and keep team members and Head of departments accountable to deliver
- Conduct project team meetings to ensure that all stakeholders are working collaboratively in accordance to the agreed to plan.
- Single point of contact for all operational aspects of the project.
- Define and secure required resources and capacity commitments and obtain buy-in of all relevant stakeholders across R&D, operations, BU and SGIE
- Effective communication of status and risks ensuring internal stakeholder accountability and awareness.
- Maintains GMP and regulatory compliance at all times
- Timely escalation of critical issues, project risk management and remediation
- Identify project dependencies and develop plans to deliver multiple interdependent projects.
- Establishment and continuous improvement of the Strategic Projects team process, tools and performance
- Degree in a life science discipline or similar
- An acknowledged PM qualification or accreditation would be an advantage (APMP, PMP, Prince2)
- Proven track record operating in a commercial environment to deliver operational results.
- Broad experience in all aspects of recombinant protein production, ideally using mammalian technology, both early development and GMP related activities across multiple product types.
- Proven ability to lead others and structure a complex and fast paced organisation.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, pressured environment.
- Competence in reporting/interpreting operational metrics and making appropriate fact based decisions.
- Significant experience in Operations
- Significant experience in project or programme management within the Biologics or related Industry sector for new drug entities targeting IND or IMPD or BLA submissions.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.