Manager, Packaging Services
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza’s Tampa, FL location is searching for an experienced Pharmaceutical Manager, Packaging Services to join and grow our Packaging team. As our Manager, Packaging Services, you will be our Subject Matter Expert and voice of the packaging team. You will be able to help manage and guide our packaging team to ensure that all GMP Packaging processes are designed and executed in a compliant and efficient manner. The Manager, Packaging Services works functionally throughout the department, site and greater organization to facilitate the successful development and completion of all projects, ultimately meeting the objectives and goals of Lonza.
- Responsible as the internal Packaging SME as well as the voice of the Packaging Team with both prospective and active clients.
- Daily management and mentoring of supervisory and operational colleagues.
- As provided by the Supply Chain Planning Team, this position is responsible for the adherence of the master schedule and resource changes required to achieve a balanced workload.
- Maintain expertise in packaging technology (e.g. vials, bottles, flexible bags, aseptic form/fill/seal, sterilization, labels) and single use technology.
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation efforts towards optimization and lean principles while complying with GMP guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Science or related discipline; Master’s Degree preferred with significant working experience.
- Prior management experience.
- Statistical Analysis for process monitoring such as Control Charts, Process Capabilities (CpK).
- Proven record in pharmaceutical packaging technology, technology transfer, process development and packaging support/activities. Significant GMP Manufacturing experience
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization with proven influencing ability to achieve goals.
- Strong negotiation capability and ability to manage complex stakeholder networks. Ability to understand business implications of technical decisions.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with ability to influence people and outcomes.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.