Biotechnologist - Cell Banking
Technologist, Cell Banking
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an opportunity for a Technologist to join our Cell Banking team in Slough. The role will be part laboratory based, part office based, 7.5h days Monday to Friday with additional weekend working required (1 in 5 weekends).
The role of the Technologist is to create and maintain cell banks of mammalian cell lines within a cGMP clean room environment. Cell banks are the starting material for the manufacture of clinical product at Lonza Biologics’ manufacturing sites worldwide.
- Cell culture using aseptic technique to create and maintain cell banks to GMP with accurate completion of batch records and log books. Aseptic operations include revival, subculture and pooling. It will also require cell counting and environmental monitoring.
- Routine Laboratory maintenance (equipment checks, stores, cleaning).
- Stock solution and medium preparation, followed by aseptic filtration.
- Inventory management of frozen vials in liquid nitrogen storage.
- Development report writing, testing and release documentation preparation.
- Specific role e.g. book testing, arrange shipments, bank release, inventory management, facility/equipment management or Stock file creation and archiving.
- Maintain up-to-date cGMP and safety trainings
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we are looking for:
- BSc in Biology / Biotechnology or similar Scientific area essential
- MSc desirable in addition to the above
- We will consider applicants fresh from university as well as those with relevant industry experience
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.