MST Operations Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our Manufacturing Support Team (MST) based in our facility in Slough, UK.
The department is responsible for the preparation (cleaning, autoclaving etc) of delivery equipment to manufacturing as well as functional oversight of the cleaning of the GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) facility. As the MST Operations Manager, you will have oversight of the Manufacturing Support Team and the GMP cleaners.
- Ensure all staff operate safely and work in accordance with defined safe working practice.
- Manage and deploy team resources to maintain agreed production schedules, control bottleneck process performance and resolve operational constraints to improve productivity.
- Maintain effective end-to-end process control mechanisms and performance metrics to deliver breakthrough performance in process control, SHE, GMP compliance, quality, cost and service.
- Responsible for GMP paperwork being completed in a timely manner and where appropriate available for batch release review on agreed schedule.
- Assess performance and provide effective feedback, through appraisals and other feedback tools.
- Facilitate the setting of personal objectives, action plans and training plans of each individual, including new starter inductions.
- Assess the present and future demand for employees with particular skills and develop recruitment plans to meet these needs.
- Foster a trusted and empowered environment through actively developing talent and establish a high performing team.
- Ensure staff training documentation is completed in compliance with procedures.
- Ensure GMP is adhered to across the function.
What we need you to have:
- Possess strong leadership and communication skills whilst demonstrating experience in managing teams of 10+ employees at varying levels.
- Previous experience at Manager level in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Must be highly competent and have deep knowledge in GMP/GLP.
- Good knowledge of Trackwise, SAP or DMS is preferable.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.