Head of QC - Chemistry
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Head of QC - Chemistry to join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
The Head of QC Chemistry will provide strong leadership and support to QC Chemistry teams (biochemistry, raw materials and in-process testing) through proactive performance management, mentoring and coaching. You will enable the teams to provide support for the site and our external customers.
The the team will deliver through flawless execution, use and implementation of lean lab principles and continuous improvement with the highest standards of science and quality with adherence to all relevant GMP and Lonza Quality Standards
- Provide the required level of management to deploy team resources to maintain agreed testing schedules, control bottleneck processes and resolve operational constraints to improve productivity and flexibility within QC
- Provide the required leadership for QC Chemistry teams to ensure succesful batch release testing, on time release of raw materials and customer project team support
- Operate as a key member of the QC leadership team to establish priorities and remove barriers to progress
- Engage with customers when required and host facility GMP compliance audits for the QC laboratories
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to increase the capability of the team
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum BSc Qualified within Chemistry or Biochemistry
- Extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry, within a QC environment
- Experience of Regulatory inspections
- Proven leadership experience, will be leading 8 direct and 50 indirect reports
- Ability to drive collaboration and work in a solutions focussed environment.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.