Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Warehouse/Inventory Supervisor coordinates and facilitates all aspects of inventory warehousing, inventory management within SAP, oversees intra-facility and external shipping/receiving/distribution operations and assigned tasks/activities in accordance with regulations, GMP standards and in line with established KPIs.
- Plan and execute warehouse and inventory activities for GMP and non-GMP materials and finished goods. This includes communication and collaboration between various departments, internal and external partners, management, 3rd party providers, customers, auditors and regulators.
- Ownership and management of infrastructure and equipment supporting storage and retrieval of materials and products.
- Creation and maintenance of warehousing and inventory GMP procedures and training aids
- Performance of area inspection and housekeeping activities, cycle counting, variance investigations, scrap management, on time delivery. including the prompt reporting of problems, shortages or equipment breakdowns
- Generating/compiling/presenting performance data for internal teams and external providers
- Solution development, resolution and escalation of events and issues that have the potential to impact supply of product or operational inefficiencies
- Manage and deploy team resources to maintain production schedules, control bottleneck process performance and resolve operational constraints to improve productivity.
- Excellent GMP knowledge
- Proven experience within warehouse and shipping operations
- Advanced level in MS programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, and Outlook)
- Some understanding of process improvement LEAN, 6S, 6 Sigma techniques
- Budgetary experience
- Team coaching and development experience
- Change management experience
- Project management experience
- Excellent communicator (verbal & written)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.