Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is actively seeking a Manufacturing Associate for first shift. This role will be responsible for supporting personnel monitoring (PM) and environmental monitoring (EM), to include routine EM, Aseptic Process Simulations (APS’) and Room Qualifications; water system monitoring in both classified and non-classified areas within the Lonza Walkersville facility, and all related Micro Lab activities. Individual will set up and operate production equipment. Individual will maintain records to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures. Individual will work in a fast-paced, safety-oriented, team environment.
- Responsible for executing aseptic processing in a clean room environment adhering to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Complete documentation concurrently with completion of manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for performing personal and environmental monitoring.
- Be able to gown aseptically and work in an aseptic environment.
- Process production batches in a LFBSC.
- Responsible for filling vials ranging from .2mL to 60ml.
- Responsible for filling bottles ranging from 100 mL to 1L.
- Responsible for filling sterile bags ranging from 250mL to 20L.
- Responsible for final product packaging of bottles, bags, vials (boxing).
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks (for example, cleaning, lab setup etc.) related to departmental functions.
- Perform preventative maintenance and general upkeep on equipment and facilities including environmental monitoring.
- Responsible for reviewing SOPs, MBRs and other associated forms for revision; Revise SOPs, Batch Records or other documentation as needed.
- Review and sign manufacturing batch records.
- Assist in training entry level staff members.
- Being available for business necessitated overtime is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position primarily encompasses with the various roles (Vialer, assistant, perform environmental monitoring) in the cleanroom to fill bulk media into bottles, bags, vials; Most employees spend the majority of their day in a cleanroom environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly and stand for long periods of time.
- High School Diploma or GED is required; Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences, engineering or related field is preferred
- Working manufacturing or technical skills are required
- Questioning attitude to drive problem solving
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively to share learning and provide training to manufacturing
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, high workload environment.
- Must be able to read and follow defined SOPs and policies, work independently and as part of a team on various manufacturing tasks, identify and communicate non-routine events.
- Must be proactive, action oriented, and have the ability to adapt to a change.
- Must have strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Must be able to support other members of the team through mentoring and training.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.